We take the care of children and safeguarding adults very seriously and work hard to ensure that we operate in line with current best practice.
These recommendations include areas such as day-to-day care, DBS clearance and training.
If you would like more information or have any concerns please speak to a member of staff or contact our Safeguarding Lead, Simon Price.
As Christians our first responsibility is to glorify God by living according to the principles in His Word. It is therefore our desire that all our church activities, especially those involving children and young people, be characterised by integrity, wisdom and love. It is our desire to provide Christian teaching and example in an atmosphere of safety and enjoyment.
As a church we therefore state our commitment to:
- Value all children and young people as those loved by God and made in His image.
- Pray for our Children’s Work.
- Do our utmost to ensure their protection within church premises and during organised trips and events.
- Encourage and support parents/carers.
- Ensure that our children’s/youth workers are given support and training.
- Have a system for dealing with concerns about possible abuse.
- Maintain good links with the statutory child care authorities.
Safeguarding contact details
Church Safeguarding Lead: Simon Price
Vulnerable Adults Safeguarding Officers: Peter Prior, Andy Howlett
Contact the church office on 0117 9511 202